Here is the list of the main changes between versions of UniDOS and DOS nodes.
- UniDOS: Fixed BIOS routines cmd_cas_out_seek and cmd_cas_out_write which did not work as expected.
- UniDOS: Activated ASCII soft end of file emulation everytime and removed related BIOS routine cmd_emulate_soft_eof.
- UniDOS: Fixed a bug which made BIOS routines cmd_enabled_sort_dir_first and cmd_disabled_directory to alter both options at the same time.
- UniDOS: Fixed an AMSDOS compatibilté issue when file extension is prefixed with spaces.
- UniDOS: Removed ability for a DOS node to modify default assignation of logical drives.
- M4 node: Allowed execution of cartridges on Amstrad CPC and not only on Amstrad Plus.
- All nodes: Removed code related to modification of default assignation of logical drives.
- UniDOS: Fixed CAS OUT CLOSE to allow creation of files even if CAS OUT CHAR was never called after CAS OUT OPEN (better AMSDOS compatility).
- M4 node : Added physical drive FTP: and the related RSX |FTP (please read the M4 node documentation to know about the applied restrictions).
- UniDOS: The “new API” flag from BIOS routine cmd_device_info is now set automatically (it do not rely on DOS nodes DOSNode_GetStatus routine any more).
- UniDOS: Fixed BIOS routine cmd_device_list to return with Carry=1 in case of success.
- UniDOS: Added a BIOS routine cmd_enabled_sort_dir_first to request CAS_CATALOG to sort directories prior to files (by default directories and files are mixed for compatibility reason because of some softwares relying on a strict alphabetic order).
- UniDOS: Fixed a bug with ROM overlay during du CAS_IN_CHAR.
- UniDOS: Fixed a bug in BIOS routine cmd_cas_in_read when less than &80 bytes were read from an ASCII file.
- UniDOS: Modfified the behavior of the BIOS routine cmd_cas_in_read in case of binary files (file headers is not skipped anymore, which makes cmd_cas_in_read usage symetrical to cmd_cas_in_write to provide a more generic handling of all file types).
- FatFs node: Improved intialization sequence when Nova is detected (more robust in case of wrong ROMs installation and more system friendly regarding interrupts).
- FatFs node: Modified cross-ROM call routine to be more system friendly.
- UniDOS: Fixed error handling in case a DOS node fails to initiate a catalog.
- UniDOS: Improved error handling in case of routines which are not supported by DOS nodes.
- UniDOS: Fixed minor issue in the internal routine managing iteration over files (without any impact for existing nodes).
- Nœud M4: Initial version.
- UniDOS: Added Hackit compatibility.
- UniDOS: Added error report when |COPY targets a non existing directory.
- FatFs node: Removed “disk cache” mode (it was too slow and prevented some future improvements).
- FatFs node: Added automatic support to the Nova when detected (in its presence FatFs node do not use main memoy at all).
- FatFs node: Moved temporary working buffers to provide a better compatibility (hacks which are initializing disc ROM at addresses conflicting with Basic now also work with FatFs node).
- UniDOS: Fixed double sided and 80 tracks support from ParaDOS.
- UniDOS: Fixed aregression when failing to close fils handled by AMSDOS/ParaDOS ROM.
- UniDOS: Added RSX |LOAD, |SAVE and |SAVEA similar to the ones which were provided by ROMs from Arnor Ltd.
- UniDOS: Internal simplifications.
- Nœud Nova Initial version.
- UniDOS: |REN not provides the ability to move files (and directories) from a direcotry to another (when the related physical drive is compatible).
- UniDOS: Added new error codes related to renaming.
- Albireo and FatFs nodes: Upgraded DOSNode_Rename routine.
- UniDOS: Changed file type for symbolic links to avoid a conflict with text documents of Protext.
If you had symbolic links created by an UniDOS previous version, you will have to recreate them, old ones will not work anymore.
- UniDOS: Fixed a regression non volatile memory handling when |DISC was used.
- UniDOS: Fixed a regression with unwanted assignation mismatch between drives A: and B:.
- UniDOS: Added TAPE: drive which supports tapes.
- UniDOS: Added RSX |FORMAT and |NODE.
- UniDOS: Fixed internal memory handling.
- Albireo node: Optimisations.
- FatFs node: Initial version.
- UniDOS and DOS nodes: Initial version.